|HAPB's Health and Safety
Dear Clientele and Community,
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our employees, residents and participants, our office will be closed until further notice. However, we will be accessible via telephone, emails and facsimile Monday through Friday, from 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m.
Please note that there are some immediate changes in our normal procedures that may impact how you conduct business with us. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in advance as we continue to maneuver through this COVID-19 pandemic. We have provided a list of modified business practices below for your information:
1. Income Change: Participants/Residents: If you need to report a change of income, please call or send an email to your Caseworker or to our general email address located at the bottom of the page. Please see our Contact Us page for the names of Staff. Email addresses consist of the initial of the first name and the last name @hapb.org (e.g. John Doe = email@example.com).
2. Recertification: If you have received a Re-certification Packet and have an appointment scheduled, please note that all appointments will be conducted via telephone and emails, not in person. Please complete the forms and mail or email your completed forms and supporting documentation no later than your originally scheduled appointment. You can also drop off your documents in the drop box located on the outside of our building. Upon receipt of the documents, the HCV and Public Housing Staff will follow-up with you via telephone and/or email.
3. Voucher Issuance/Portability: Voucher Issuance briefings will be held using video conferencing. Portability will be processed via mail or email and briefings and orientations will be conducted using video conferencing.
4. Rent Payments: Residents who live in housing authority properties may now place their rent payments in the drop box. However, please call the office prior to placing payment in the drop box.
5. Work Orders: Until further notice, HAPB maintenance will respond to emergency work orders only. This is for the health and safety of residents, as well as, Staff.
6. Inspections: HQS Inspections will be conducted on a limited basis. You may be asked additional questions so that our staff can make an informed decision as our safety and yours prior to scheduling the inspection.
In light of the fluidity of this situation, we may need to make continuing adjustments. We are continuing to monitor this matter, review official information as it becomes available from HUD, Broward County, local officials and State of Florida and we will continue to keep you informed of any further changes.
Once again, the HAPB appreciates your understanding and patience. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Please remain healthy and safe.